Friday, March 6, 2009

iPods in Instruction


In todays classrooms, everything from food to youtube is being used to teach, so why not iPods? Using iPods in a classroom is never something I would have thought about, but after being about it, I see that it is an idea that would actually work! I read this article on how iPods are being used in the classroom. It said that within the last year, the number of iPods being used in classrooms has quadrupled and the number of classes using them has doubled. That was very suprising to me!

I like the idea of lectures being uploaded so you can listen to them anywhere. I think that would take a lot of the stress out of the class because if you miss something while taking notes, you do not have to panic, you can just go back and listen to it later. I also think that many students would use the iPods just to listen to music or watch videos and ignore what is going on in the class which could ruin the chance of using them for class work for everyone. It may also give studetns an excuse for not going to class since they can just upload it later. Even though there are some downsides to using iPods, like anything else, in a classroom, I think it is a concept worth trying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment