Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Final Post


I am really happy that I took EDM310 this semester, because I really learned a lot! One thing that really sticks out is the podcasts. I think those are definitly something that could be used in a classroom. Not only can podcasts be used to teach in a class, but you can use them as a project like we did. The students can make podcasts to show what they learned from a lesson. Also, by doing the podcasts I learned about using youtube in the classroom. This is the topic my group did our podcast on, and I'm glad we did. I never would have thought to use something like youtube in my classroom but after doing the podcast I learned how helpfull it could be. We also stumbled across teachertube, which is also something I plan on using in the classroom. If we had not done the podcasts in class, I never would have thought to use either of those things once I become a teacher.

I think we learned pretty much everything in this class that I would have liked to. The only thing I can think of that might have been nice to go over, atleast shortly, would be parent-teacher correspondence. It would have been helpfull just to go over the correct way of writing letters or reminders to parents since that is something we will all have to do soon. Other than that, I think I learned everything I wanted and hoped to learn. It was a great class and very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment